Join us aboard RiverQuest as we quietly cruise the lower Connecticut River to learn about and observe a fascinating bird of prey, the Osprey. In mid-July, most of the young Osprey are all grown up, so we will see them hanging around on the edge of their nest getting ready to take their first flight, cute! Some young may have already left the nest, they will be seen in the air honing their flying skills. We will educate all about the amazing journey the Osprey takes to their southern winter home and lots of other interesting Osprey facts. Although the Osprey is our main focus, other wildlife (possible Bald Eagles, hawks, ducks, etc) and sights (Gillette Castle, East Haddam Swing Bridge and more) we observe on our journey will also be pointed out and discussed. You may bring food/beverage with you. This cruise is 2 to 2 1/2 hours long. Due to the length of the cruise, no one under 10 please.
Jul – “Cruising for Chicks” Osprey Cruise
Museum Members: $36
(No Children under 10)
- It is best to book online to secure your spot. Reservations are strongly suggested.
- Please, always confirm the cruise is going by checking the ctriverquest.com home page for any changes! or call 860-767-8269
- If you are coming with friends or family that booked this cruise on a separate reservation, please let us know via email the reserved names, so you can all sit together at one table.
- RiverQuest leaves the dock on time! Please check in at the dock at least fifteen minutes before departure.
- NO ON-LINE BOOKING FOR OVER TEN PERSONS. Please email us if you have more than 10.
- The Captain reserves the right to change the cruise itinerary or cancel a cruise anytime he feels that there may be a weather, viewing or safety issue. We want to remind everyone that this is a nature cruise and the weather can change drastically in minutes; rain, wind, fog, ice and heavy snow may develop quickly. There are times when a cruise may need to be canceled very last minute. We will of course try to give as much notice as possible. Thank your for your understanding.