River Cruise to the Lighthouses in Old Saybrook, 9:00am to 1:00pm-ish. Join us aboard RiverQuest departing from Eagle Landing State Park in Haddam for a relaxing cruise south down the Connecticut River to view the Inner and Outer Lighthouses by water. Observe the beautiful, pristine river “One of the Last Great Places”, as we cruise by the towns of Haddam, East Haddam, Hadlyme, Lyme, Chester, Deep River and Essex, ultimately reaching Old Saybrook and Old Lyme at the river mouth on Long Island Sound. We will tell you about the history, ecology of the river and point out areas of interest and wildlife we may see. Bring your picnic basket if you’d like.
For those taking this cruise who are USLHS Lighthouse Passport Stamp collectors, stamps will be available for Lynde Point and Saybrook Breakwater Lighthouses on the boat or after the cruise. These two lighthouses are finally represented by USLHS stamps as of March 27 this year. A minimum donation to USLHS of $1 per stamped item is requested. All donations will be matched and sent to USLHS to support their lighthouse education and preservation programs. Want to start collecting stamps? See more about the passport program at https://uslhs.org/fun/passport-club
All Passengers: $40
(No Children under 12)
Days & Times
June 24, 2019
9:00am – 1:00pm
October 14, 2019 (Columbus Day)
9:00am – 1:00pm
A Few Other Things
- It is best to book online to secure your spot. Reservations are strongly suggested.
- Please, always confirm the cruise is going by checking the ctriverquest.com home page for any changes! or call 860-662-0577
- RiverQuest leaves the dock on time! Please check in at the dock at least fifteen minutes before departure.
- NO ON-LINE BOOKING FOR OVER TEN PERSONS. Please email us if you have more than 10.
- The Captain reserves the right to change the cruise itinerary or cancel a cruise anytime he feels that there may be a weather, viewing or safety issue. We want to remind everyone that this is a nature cruise and the weather can change drastically in minutes; rain, wind, fog, ice and heavy snow may develop quickly. There are times when a cruise may need to be canceled very last minute. We will of course try to give as much notice as possible. Thank you for your understanding.