- If you or any members of your party are experiencing a fever, cough and/or shortness of breath we ask that you refrain from cruising with us.
- Please bring your own binoculars. We will have some sanitized binoculars to loan.
- Bring a mask, it is required to board our vessel.
- You must wear a mask when you are walking around the boat. No exceptions.
- We also suggest individual picnic dinners (sandwiches or salads), food sharing is discouraged.
- Only small coolers that can fit under your seat will be allowed.
- Our seating will be setup to meet physical distancing requirements.
- There is a very limited passenger capacity.
- If colder weather is predicted, please bring a heavy jacket/blanket. You may be outside in the lovely breeze.
- We will try to provide a small table, however it some cases that may not be possible.
Aug/Sep – Tree Swallow Sunset Cruise
For the Tree Swallow Cruises:
Captain Mark and Mindy are the pioneers of Tree Swallow watching!
For the past 17 years they have brought individuals and groups on intimate cruises aboard RiverQuest to a special spot on the Connecticut River where 100’s of thousands of Tree Swallows gather. After spending the day miles away, the swallows return each night to sleep in the reeds. They gather at sunset and perform aerial ballets forming an amazing display of art, coordination and cooperation!
Over the years Captain Mark has found the best way to maneuver RiverQuest, to allow perfect views from their open decks. Both vessel’s flexible seating ensures everyone gets optimal “up close and personal” viewing.
Enjoy the entire evening! We will spend 3 to 3.5 hours on the water aboard RiverQuest.
The cruise is primarily about the Tree Swallows, however, it is also about the journey….there is so much to see while cruising along the river. Many birds are migrating through the area at this time; for the fall season, we have seen a record number of Bald Eagles and Great Egrets in past years. On board Naturalist(s), will educate you on the Tree Swallow phenomenon and all the other wildlife we see. On the return cruise home, there is time to chat with others and experience the river at twilight, blending into night.
Don’t forget your camera.
This is a small group experience that is unique each sailing. Mark, Mindy and crew promise a great evening for all to enjoy the Tree Swallow show and this special time on the pristine Connecticut River!
RiverQuest: $50 adults only. No Children under 12.
You must purchase tickets using our “BOOK NOW” button on all our webpages. Thank you.
Depart 5:30pm from August 20 – September 10
Depart 5:00pm September 11 – September 26
Depart 4:30pm September 27 – September 30
Check the Calendar for Days and Times.
NOTE: More dates may be added as we Sell Out!
- These cruises DO SELL OUT. It is required to book online to secure your spot.
- You are able to bring your own picnic basket or snacks and your favorite “beverage” to enjoy on this special cruise. “Lap” food works best!
- Please, always confirm the cruise is going by checking the ctriverquest.com home page for any changes! or call 860-662-0577
- RiverQuest leaves the dock on time! Please check in at the dock at least fifteen minutes before departure.
- NO ON-LINE BOOKING FOR OVER FOUR PERSONS. Please email us if you have more than four.
- The Captain reserves the right to change the cruise itinerary or cancel a cruise anytime he feels that there may be a weather, viewing or safety issue. We want to remind everyone that this is a nature cruise and the weather can change in minutes. There are times when a cruise may need to be canceled very last minute. We will of course try to give as much notice as possible. Thank your for your understanding.