Summer is here and you were busy all week, so grab a friend, a picnic basket and your favorite beverage and start your weekend! We will have a small cheese/cracker platter, and mother nature will provide great evening scenery to help unwind from your busy week. Enjoy this two hour relaxing evening cruise on the lower Connecticut River, departure from Steamboat Dock in Essex.
Jun-Aug – TGIF Sunset Cruises
(No Children under 12)
- It is best to book online to secure your spot. Reservations are strongly suggested.
- Please, always confirm the cruise is going by checking the ctriverquest.com home page for any changes! or call 860-767-8269
- RiverQuest leaves the dock on time! Please check in at the dock at least fifteen minutes before departure.
- NO ON-LINE BOOKING FOR OVER TEN PERSONS. Please email us if you have more than 10.
- The Captain reserves the right to change the cruise itinerary or cancel a cruise anytime he feels that there may be a weather, viewing or safety issue. We want to remind everyone that this is a nature cruise and the weather can change drastically in minutes; rain, wind, fog, ice and heavy snow may develop quickly. There are times when a cruise may need to be canceled very last minute. We will of course try to give as much notice as possible. Thank your for your understanding.
- PRIVATE CHARTERS DO TAKE PRECEDENCE (good old economics).
Here are some places in Essex you can pick up food:
Privateers Pizza and Provisions – Located at the foot of Main Street in Essex, Privateers provides organic produce, groceries, provisions, and thin crust brick oven pizza for both the local and maritime community.
Griswold Inn – one of the oldest continuously operated inns in the country, The Griswold Inn opened its doors for business in 1776 and is located in downtown Essex, just up the street.
Olive Oyl’s Carry Out Cuisine – established in 1991 and is located in the heart of Essex village. Baked goods, coffee, salads, soups and sandwiches and meals to go.
- Savour Cafe & Bakery – features delicious desserts, sandwiches, salads & select daily entrees.
If you need a ”favorite beverage”, Essex Wine & Spirit – 125 Westbrook Rd, Essex or Centerbrook Package Store – 33 Main St, Centerbrook, CT